VIDEO AUDITION NOTICE: Munschables – The 2023 Charlottetown Festival
The 2023 Charlottetown Festival is currently accepting video auditions for its 2023 Young Company production of Munschables. This production will feature exclusively local, non-Equity artists between the ages of 16 and 30. Please note you must be Island-based and eligible to work in Canada to be considered. If you auditioned for Munschables in December in person or via video, you do not need to submit again – you are still being considered.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Videos must be submitted by 12 p.m. NOON on Tuesday, January 17.
Please submit headshot and resume, as well as the 4-part video audition, to Rosie Shaw: [email protected].
Please send the following four video components for your audition:
- Introduction (tell us a bit about who you are – highlight your favourite performing experiences so far, special talents, or why you’re interested in being part of the Young Company)
- Song of your choice – show off your vocal skills (2-minute cut)
- Comedic monologue of your choice (no longer than 2 minutes)
- Dance (please see tutorial)
You can include all segments in one video or submit as four separate files/links.
All file names (including download files accessed via links) must contain artist’s first and last name, and ideally a key word to indicate its content (i.e., “Rosie Shaw Headshot.pdf / “Rosie Shaw Monologue.mp4”).
ALL MATERIALS CAN BE FOUND AT THIS LINK: http://bit.ly/3ipEdUV
- “Come Join the Bunch” dance section audio (as mp3 and as mp4)
- Tutorial video for dance – one 720p, one at 1080p
All submissions and/or questions should be directed to Rosie Shaw, Project Coordinator, [email protected], 902-388-0211.
We encourage submissions from artists of all genders, ethnicities, abilities, and identities, and will give scheduling priority to those who self-identify as IBPOC, 2SLGBTQIA+, d/Deaf, living with disabilities, and/or facing other systemic challenges in our industry.
Applying artists should be aware that the Centre does not tolerate any form of harassment of its employees, partners, volunteers, or any persons visiting or spending time on its premises.