The Confederation Chamber is a detailed replica of the original conference room in nearby Province House; it also includes actual artifacts from the Chamber itself as well as other noteworthy items to engage the audience and tell the Story of Confederation.
A Gasolier is a chandelier lit with gas instead of electricity. Original to at least 1864, the large gasolier now found in the Confederation Chamber replica was outfitted for electricity in 1913. The two smaller gasoliers, made in 1982, were outfitted to complement the original piece.
The Royal Coat of Arms of Great Britain represented royal authority in the sovereign state of the Kingdom of Great Britain, in existence from 1707 to 1801. This Coat of Arms has been in Province House since at least 1857, which is the earliest recorded date it is mentioned.
This 19th-Century Style Mi’Kmaw Coat was created to be worn by the Mi’kmaw Chief in “A Building of Destiny,” the film screened in the Chamber. It was made by Epekwitk (Prince Edward Island) Mi’kmaw women Cheryl Simon, Judy Clark, Melissa Peter Paul and Amelia Tuplin. The design is inspired by a garment from the collection of the Canadian Museum of History known as the O’Halloran Coat, made by New Brunswick Mi’kmaw in 1841.